Have a great startup idea?
FREE WORKSHOP SERIES TO VALIDATE & PROTOTYPE YOUR STARTUP IDEA
Make 2018 the year you bring your big idea into reality. This 4-part workshop series (Tues/Thur for 2 weeks) takes you step-by-step through testing your idea, crafting a startup strategy and building a prototype. Everything you need to raise your first investment round and bring your new business to the market.
Hosted by Big Room Studios, each workshop includes intensive hands-on work that tests and prototypes your product. It also features short tutorials by 4 Maine expert in business development, user experience and technology.
STARTUP SPRINT SCHEDULE
- TUESDAY Jan 16 : PRODUCT/MARKET FIT
- THURSDAY Jan 18 : MARKET & USER RESEARCH
- THURSDAY Jan 23: RAPID PROTOTYPING
- TUESDAY Jan 25: BUSINESS MODEL & PROFITABILITY
- Where: Big Room Studios 4 Thompson's Point, Suite 201
- When: January 16, 18, 23, 25
- Tuesday/Thursday evenings 6-8pm
- Group Size: max 15 people (sign up early!)
- 6pm Introduction to Tools and Processes
- 6:15 Hands-on Workshop
- 6:45 Group Feedback
- 7:15 Homework Review
- 7:30-8 In-depth discussion from Subject Matter Expert
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Veteran startup founders who want to rapidly test and prototype an idea they've ignored for too long
- Startup newbies who have a cool idea but don't know where to start
- Side hustlers who want to bring an idea to life quickly and don't have time to screw around
- Founders with a current ongoing project that needs some extra user understanding
WHY IS THIS FREE?
This workshop program is FREE and open to the public. Startup Sprint is sponsored by startups organization across Maine because it addresses one of the biggest gaps in the Maine startup eco-system. While our creative economy is booming and Portland is growing as a hub for innovation and creativity, many non-technical founders lack the insider knowledge they need to raise money and bring their idea to life. Venture Capitalists, Angel investors and funding organizations like MTI maintain high standards for products they invest in. Even a great idea can't be funded without the foundational research, user understanding, monetization modeling and technical prototyping.
We want to give founders the tools and knowledge they need to do the work to make their product a success. By increasing the number of well prepared products, we can increase investment flow, help startups hire local talent, grow the local economy and train the next generation of startup founders in our awesome state.
Have questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org