We're hiring an agile project manager
Big Room Studios is seeking a full-time Agile Project Manager responsible for leading, organizing and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering software development projects.
The Agile Project Manager has a solid understanding and proven track record of successfully managing a wide variety of software development projects. They have experience with Agile methodologies and tools as well as other management practices. The PM can educate, coach and lead customers, who are often new to building software, through the product development process. Very strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
The Agile Project Manager is responsible for owning and maintaining the project management process at Big Room Studios, in addition to managing client projects.
- Oversees and manages the tools needed to support the PM process
- Stays up-to-date on project management methodology and isn’t afraid to iterate or change process for the better
- Advocates for the customer experience and interaction with Big Room Studios
- Assists with resource management and projected sprint forecasts
- Primary point-of-contact for clients with active projects
- Can educate and lead customers through our agile software development process
- Ability to manage and facilitate happy and healthy client relationships, while maintaining team morale
- Plays a facilitative role to help put the appropriate people, process, and tools in place to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Understands how to support and provide the right level of management
- Ensures that meetings are scheduled, deliverables are on-time, and that the expectations of budget and timeline are well-managed and communicated
The PM has a well-balanced background of business and technology, with a cheerful, outgoing and approachable disposition.
- Self-starter: You know how to run a meeting and get the answers to all your client’s questions
- Diplomatic: When you see a problem, you are unabashed about discussing it with your customer or project team. You’re not just a “yes person”. You have no issues navigating tricky conversations to get to positive resolutions
- Problem Solver: When faced with a problem you can come up with a creative solution and implement process when needed
- Easy going: Customers feel comfortable approaching you knowing you have their best interests at heart, and your project team enjoys working with you because they know you support them
- Organized: You can see big picture goals and understand the details needed to get a project from start to finish
- Proactive: You feel comfortable providing reports, discussing budget and being realistic about project scope with clients
- Excellent communicator: Whether it's writing or in conversation, you have the skills to communicate challenging concepts to customers new to software projects
- Personable: You enjoy working with small teams, building strong working relationships, and like to show off your professionalism in person
- Efficient: You understand the importance of process, documentation, and consistency, and know how to work efficiently to manage the productivity of the team
- Location: Portland, Maine
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
BRS offers a casual, creative, technology-driven environment with learning opportunities for enthusiastic people. If interested, please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.